Skip to content
- It’s a technology that uses parabolic trough reflectors to concentrate sunlight onto receivers.
- The receivers are heat exchangers that collect the concentrated solar energy and convert it to heat
- The heat can be used directly (for example to heat water for industry or for district heating) or to drive a
turbine to produce electricity.
- The heat can also be used for other processes - desalination, for providing clean drinking water or as
the power for air conditioning installations.
- Global CSP use synthetic oil (biodegradable) as the working fluid in their parabola trough, the oil stays
liquid at higher temperatures and can be passed straight through to the ORC power pack.